Announcing Savvy Consortium's
New Product Development & Engineering Conference XXIX:
Innovation Engineering Leads the Economic Recovery
What is expected of product design engineering in the uncertainty of 2020? Product development engineering has driven product growth since 2005 and continued to drive growth through the 2008 recession.
What about the economic recovery of 2020? The Savvy Consortium Conference XXIX features engineering managers who are navigating this recovery today. These speakers are leading product design, development, and innovation engineering for their firms. They are building the bridge to economic success “from both ends”. What is engineering being asked to do over the next 12-24 months?
- Execute on roadmaps
- Maintain productivity levels in WFH environment
- Add capacity to production to meet schedules (for essential businesses)
- Pivot budgets: up or down, depending on market conditions
- Support corporate plans
- Shift project prioritization/focus
- Engage with customers in new ways (with loss of trade shows/expos/in person visits)
- Develop domestic supply chain
This Savvy Conference XXIX is about applying the right tools with the right mindset to successfully impact the economic recovery of 2020.
Wednesday, September 30
- Steve Heinecke
- Corporate Scientist (ret)
Thursday, October 1
- Jim Jacobs, Co-Founder
- Savvy Consortium
- Beth Lasseter, Director of NPD Management Services
- Savvy Consortium/Optima Associates
- King Banaian, Dean of the School of Public Affairs
- Professor of Economics
- St Cloud State University
- Alex Cirillo, Jr
- Vice President (ret)
- Ellis Jones, Vice President
- EHS&S and Business Continuity
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Kevin Weiss
- Vice President of Operations
- Delkor Systems, Inc.
- Rick Bauer
- Director of New Media Qualification
- Donaldson Company
- Gary Kassen, Director of Engineering, CNH Industrial
- Tim Matuseski, Director of Engineering, Cobham
- Dave Huebner, Director of R&D, Loram
- John Heckel, Director of Engineering, Toro
- Mark Jennen, Director of Engineering, Graco
Friday, October 2
WHO ATTENDS SAVVY LEARNING EVENTS?
Design engineering managers, department heads, chief engineers, functional department engineers, product engineers/marketers, directors of product engineering, change management pilot leaders, product test engineering managers, process improvement managers, product engineering development team members and leaders, and all who are responsible for improving product innovation, product development and process improvement in their product engineering operations. The conference is not open to academics, consultants, authors or gurus.
Over 1000 people have participated in Savvy conferences and learning events. They are design engineers, systems engineers, technical and scientific people; product development teams leaders, knowledge specialists, engineering departments heads, engineering support group leaders, continuous improvement managers, process excellence managers, talent build managers, knowledge system managers, and others whose mission is people development, process improvement and productivity increase.
Partial List of Firms attending Savvy Sponsored Product Development Events:
Toro, Eaton, Timken, Dana, Sauder, Medtronic, McDonalds, General Mills, TSI, Goodyear, Cooper, Amano Pioneer, Diebold, John Deere, Pella, Genie, Pella, Schram, Cabot, Medtronic, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific, Nexen, Masonite, Steris/US Endoscopy, Inovonics, UTAS Aerospace, Wil-burt, Cabot Electronics, Cooper, CNH, GE Medical, Crown, Keithley, Knowles, Parker, Actuant, Deluxe, Tennant, Henny Penny, 3M, Shram, Diamond, Emerson, Terex, Ditch Witch, Waterous, HGST, RT technologies, Altec, Toyota, Saris, Andersen, Wet Design, Sub Zero, Harley Davidson, Autobag, CA Companies, Beckman Coulter, Donaldson, Seagate and participants from many other manufacturers that are implementing continuous improvement in their product design engineering organizations.